The Dawson Company is merging its platform with that of Global Asset Alternatives (GAA). Founded in 2001, GAA has focused on asset management, real estate principal investments, and advisory services. Over 40 institutional and individual investors have entrusted their investment capital with the firm. The firm owns/controls over $150 million of real estate assets and has participated in over $1.0 billion of transactions. The firm is led by Dennis Pemberton.
Dennis Pemberton and Harold Dawson, Jr., have been colleagues and close personal friends for 15 years. Mr. Dawson, Sr., served as a mentor of Dennis.
The two companies are merging based on investor feedback. Investors want to be in multifamily markets. They want the more stable income provided by acquisitions but they also desire the higher yields from development deals. There is not enough existing product to satisfy the need for income but development is too cumbersome to do on its own. The new platform for The Dawson Company will merge the best of both worlds. It will give investors a one-stop shop for their real estate investing needs, a firm that has the capability to source and close acquisitions and the knowledge and experience to develop quality developments that are the best in class.
Dennis and Harold have been colleagues
and close personal friends for 15 years.
Overview of Global Asset Alternatives
- Established in 2001 focused on asset management, real estate principal investments, and advisory services
- Entrusted with investment capital from over 40 institutional and individual investors
- Team comprised of experienced full-time professionals and support staff, and is buoyed by industry leading strategic partners
- Extensive industry relationships enable unique partnerships and proprietary deal flow
- Owns/controls over $150 million of real estate assets and has participated in over $1.0 billion of transactions
Competitive Advantage of Dawson/GAA
- African-American owned firm
- Highly credentialed staff with many decades of expertise in their given field
- Both firms have excellent experience in real estate development and investment
- Relationships with many top government officials and financial market participants
- A legacy which is deeply rooted in the past but looking boldly to the future
- Combined the two companies already possess many functions of a vertically integrated firm (Development, Acquisitions, Design and Construction Management)